02/07/2014

St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil

So being a tan addict I absolutely fell in love with this new St Tropez beauty when I spotted it roaming around Debenhams. I tend to always use the St Tropez bronzing mousse but being around £30.00 for 240ml it is a little pricey so when I saw this at £25.00 (a little less in price) I thought I would give it a go.

Being St Tropez I had high hopes for this product and it didn't disappoint. You need to give the bottle a good shake as the tan element of the product sinks to the bottom and separates from the oil, with the bottle being glass it is transparent so upon shaking you can really see the full effect of the shimmering tan when it mixes with the oil. When removing the lid there is a small cap in the top of the bottle which stops the tan from leaking, this is easily removed but make sure you shake the bottle before removing this cap. 

To apply: I literally just apply this tan with my hands as I was worried a mitt may soak the product up, when tipped upside down the product comes out drop by drop so is easily controlled as to how much you require.

I found the product to be ultra easy to apply, it literally just glided onto the skin and dried almost immediately. One of the things I love about this product is the smell, most fake tans give off that horrible unmistakeable biscuit smell. Oh no, not this one, this smells so citrussy and fresh. It is 100% natural neroli, lemongrass and grapefruit essential oil fragrance. 

When applied, you can instantly see the lovely golden shimmer within the tan. However, this shimmer is pretty much just used as a guide and washes off in the shower but it does still leave a hint of sparkle, not enough to make you look like a disco ball but enough to give the illusion of glowing healthy skin. 

As I am a real sucker for pretty packaging, this bottle really stood out to me with the glass bottle just shouting expensive and elegant and the gold top and writing giving a real luxe feel. This bottle will definitely take pride of place on my dressing table. 

All in all, I love this tan and I think I now prefer it to my usual St Tropez bronzing mousse. For £25.00 it is really quite cost effective, you don't need a lot of product as with it being oil it spreads really well and the product lasts around 5 days so no need to have to apply it often. I have been using this oil for around 2 months and I'm not even a quarter of the way down the bottle yet. Big thumbs up from me!



No comments:

Post a Comment