03/12/2014

My 100th Blog Post

So this is Dreaming Prettys' 100th blog post! Yay for me! I never thought I would come to love and enjoy blogging so much, it's become such a passion of mine and the fact that all you lovely people follow my blog is just completely surreal for me. When starting this blog it was just a small corner of this massive space that we call the internet to share my thoughts and feelings, I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would come to love it as much as I do and find so many lovely people in this supportive community...it's just fantastic. 

Well anyway, for my 100th blog post I have made a cake. I lurrrrve baking and I love eating cakes so I thought what better way to celebrate than by baking some goodies. Below is the recipe for this moist and gooey chocolate, banana and pecan cake:

Ingredients:
-150g softened butter
-150g light/golden muscavado sugar
-150g plain chocolate (I used Dairy Milk)
-2 medium bananas (mashed)
-3 eggs (beaten)
-200g plain flour (sifted)
-2 tsp baking powder
-100g pecans (chopped roughly)
-100g plain chocolate for icing (I used Dairy Milk)
-25g butter
-50g icing sugar (sifted)
-1 tbspn milk

Method:
1.Preheat oven to 150c or 130c for a fan oven
2.Grease or line your loaf tin, a 2lb loaf tin is best for this recipe
3.Melt the butter, sugar and chocolate slowly, I just do this in the microwave on a low temperature
4.Add the mashed banana and beaten eggs to the chocolate mixture
5.Once combined, sift in the flour and baking powder (be sure to fold this in gently until it is a smooth mixture)
6.Add the pecans
7.Pour mixture into tin and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until firm in the centre and risen
8.Whilst cake is baking, make the icing. Melt the chocolate with the butter, again I just did this in the microwave, sift the icing sugar into the chocolate mix and add the milk if required
9.Remove from the tin and leave to cool, once coll pour the icing over the cake and leave to set

I got the recipe from the Good Food Channel website, you can find the link below:

This cake was absolutely delicious and was a real hit with my family, have a go at making it yourselves...it's so simple!

Thanks again for your continued support xx

4 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo yummy! ^__^ Also congratulations on your 100th post! :D That's so awesome! Here's to 100 more!

    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post! :D That cake looks super delicious!

    Elle x
    Notes of Petranella

    ReplyDelete