04/01/2015

#1 Sunday Sounds - Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies

So hopefully after reading my New Years blog post, you will know that I will now be doing a Sunday Sounds post every Sunday. This is my first Sundays Sounds post, so I hope you enjoy.

I thought a baking post would be nice and I racked my brains to try and think of something that would be good to do and I couldn't think of anything so I did what any other girl would do...I took to Pinterest where I found a whole host of recipes to try. I eventually decided on good old classic chocolate chip cookies. Here is the recipe link.

Ingredients
-200g butter
-1 cup caster sugar
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-2 1/2 cups plain flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp sea salt
-3 cups chocolate chips/chunks 

Method
-Pre heat the oven to 180c and line your baking tray.
-Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
-Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the butter/sugar mix and beat until completely combined.
-Now add the flour, baking powder and sea salt to the mix. Mix gently until combined. You want the mix to come away from the sides of the bowls easily so add a little more flour if necessary but only a spoon full at a time. 
-Add the chocolate chips and mix.
-Put dollops of the mix onto your baking tray and be sure to leave enough room for the cookies to spread whilst baking, 
-Bake only for around 10 minutes until golden brown. Wait to cool and enjoy!

The recipe makes around 24 cookies depending on the size of your dollops. 

2 comments: