19/04/2015

#16 Sunday Sounds - The Spring Lip

Is it just me or does everyone else just love Spring. I find it such a pretty time of year when all the trees are going green again, the little lambs are running through the fields and everywhere just looks really cheerful and fresh. Which is exactly what I want to try and achieve with my makeup at this time of year. 

I like my makeup to look fresh and cheerful throughout the Spring months and the way I do this is by focusing mainly on my lips. I like to keep my eyes looking almost natural with a slight bit of colour or liner but I don't go smokey at all so with natural eyes a good pink/nude lip always looks pretty. 

So if I'm focusing on my lips then I like to keep them exfoliated and moisturised and my power duo for this is the Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum and the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia which is by far my most favourite lip balm. 

I tend to go for more peachy/pink tones throughout Spring and these are my top choices for this season. MAC Sunny Seoul which is part of the Cremesheen range so is nice and moisturising on the lips. This is a lovely pink with a slight peachy tone so doesn't look too pink, it has a lovely shine and just goes perfectly when paired with a natural fresh faced look. 

I love the Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balms, they are really moisturising on the lips and super long lasting. My favourite shade is Give Me A Cuddle which is a really lovely nude/peach tone. It's a great alternative when you don't want anything too bright. 

Glosses are a great alternative to lip sticks when you want something slightly more sheer but still with a nice hint of colour and one of my choices for this is the Maxfactor Colour Elixir Gloss in shade Enchanting Coral. This is a vibrant pink/coral shade that is surprisingly well pigmented for a gloss. My other choice is this No7 lip gloss and to be completely honest I don't know what name this shade has but it is a lovely clear gloss with tiny specks of gold/rose gold and peach. I always think every girl needs a nude lip gloss in their makeup bag, they look pretty over a lipstick to brighten it up or even just worn on it's own to give a little shine to the lips. 

So these are the items I will be heading for throughout Spring to give a nice fresh look to my makeup. What will you be using?

2 comments:

  1. MAC Sunny Seoul looks like such a gorgeous spring lip shade!! I love your picks :)

    Rachel | beautyandthebird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely shade. Pink but not barbie pink :) Thank you hun xx

      Delete