03/04/2015

March Favourites

March for me has been all about the natural look, I have been trying to wear less makeup to work purely because wearing a full face every single day really isn't doing anything for my dry skin and I just think I need to give it a break for a while and what better time to go more natural than Spring.

So as I'm trying to wear less makeup I have really been concentrating on my skin to give a great healthy looking base and this Elemis Pro Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm has just been my life savior. I have been applying it on top of my daily moisturiser and it gives the most lovely 'lit from within' look to the skin. It can be used alone as a moisturiser but it isn't hydrating enough for my skin personally to just be used on it's own. It gives a flawless base to then start applying concealer onto. I can see myself using this constantly throughout Spring and Summer.

My skin has been so dry for the past couple of months and I am starting to think that it might be down to using more gel based shower products rather than cream based ones. So I have been using this Palmolive Shower Milk which is just lovely. It is super cheap at only a couple of pounds but feels incredibly luxurious on the skin. The scent is very subtle and delicate and the consistency is really silky smooth. It feels really moisturising when applied onto the skin. After using this along with my Soap & Glory Shower Butter from last months favourites my skin has really improved. I think this will now be a permanent fixture in my bathroom cabinet.

In keeping with the natural makeup look I have been opting more for a natural lip and I am just completely smitten with this MAC lipstick in shade Peach Blossom. It's just a lovely warm pink tone and suits my skin tone and eye colour just perfectly. It is also part of the Creme Sheen range so isn't at all drying on the lips. I have definitely found my perfect pink nude lippie with this one. And then on my eyes I have been using the Bourjois Colorband Crayon in shade Rose Fauviste, it's such a lovely peachy gold shade and looks so pretty all over the lid for a natural daytime look. Also these crayons last all day and when I say all day I mean all day, they don't crease at all and look just as fresh at the end of the day than what they did when first applied in the morning. 

Lastly I have really been loving these KIKO eye pencils, I picked these up on the website in shades 02 - Extraordinary Sapphire and 06 - Powerful Burgundy. They are a great alternative to black or brown eye liners which I always wear. The pencils are really soft so don't drag the skin and they are super pigmented. They just look really pretty on the eyes and are just a great alternative to the usual black or brown shades. 


So they are my March favourites. Have you tried any of these items? Do you love them as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment