10/05/2015

#19 Sunday Sounds - Drugstore Favourites

We are so lucky in this country to have such a great high street. Having shops such as Boots and Superdrug that sell all of our favourite and much loved brands making them so easily accessible, I think we take it for granted sometimes. I thought I would just do a quick post on my current favourite drugstore items. 

I have mentioned this Soap & Glory Shower Butter quite often recently on Dreaming Pretty. I just absolutely adore it and can't get enough of it. It is so creamy and feels so incredibly amazing on my skin. It has really helped to soothe my dry skin which is starting to now get lots better. Another Soap & Glory favourite is this Hocus Focus primer, you all know how much of a fan I am of the dewy finish and this primer helps you to achieve just that. Soap & Glory have some really great products and at such reasonable prices. 

Barry M have got to be one of my favourite brands for nail varnish, they seem to stay put on my nails for a good week or two without chipping. They have such a great range of shades to choose from at really good prices. 

I have tried many hair oils in my time, ranging from budget to premium and this is the best hair oil I have ever tried by a mile. No matter how much product you pump into your hair it never goes greasy or heavy. The smell is also just divine. 

Max Factor is probably one of my favourite drugstore brands, the Face Finity All Day Primer is my go to primer. I wear it every single day and it makes such a massive difference to the longevity of my makeup. Another Max Factor favourite is this foundation, it gives such a lovely dewy finish and the colour match for me personally is near in perfect. These Max Factor blushes are a fairly recent release and are just so pretty. They are a great dupe for the Hourglass blushes at a fraction of the cost. 

Rimmel haven't massively been a brand that's been on my radar that much as I mostly just headed for the Max Factor and L'Oreal stands when shopping but I recently bought this Wake Me Up Concealer and lip liner and I absolutely swear by both products now. 

Lastly, Bourjois have some fantastic items some of which I think are a little over priced but these Colorband Crayons are just incredible. They last all day without creasing and can be built to create a highly pigmented finish or just sweeped over the lid to give a lovely wash of colour. 

So these are my drugstore favourites, what are yours?

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had drugstores like Boots and Superdrug in Finland! I always end up spending ages in those shops when I get to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky but I'm sure you most likely have some shops that we envy and don't have here xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the Ultimate Blends, so lovely!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing since sliced bread xx

      Delete