24/05/2015

#21 Sunday Sounds - Everyday Makeup Routine

When it comes to makeup it's either all or nothing with me, on a weekend when I'm going out I like to spend a good 4-5 hours getting ready and really take my time doing my makeup but then on week days when I've got work I want to be able to do my makeup in 20-30 minutes max and these are the products that I use to help me achieve it.

So on an everyday basis I pretty much use the same products everyday, some days I may use a different concealer or blusher but generally speaking I use majority of the same products and I always keep these products in my makeup bag on my dressing table, I do this so I know I can reach for that and have all the products I need. I don't have to waste any time looking through my storage for a certain blusher etc. Also these are products that I have tried and tested so know they will work for me.

For my base 9 times out of 10 I use the MaxFactor Face Finity Primer, I just swear by this stuff. It keeps my makeup in place all day so I don't have to worry about touching up whilst at work. I have been using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation on a daily basis to give a dewy finish and also give a brighter more awake complexion. I prefer to use more drugstore brands for my work makeup rather than premium brands, not sure why it's just something I've always done.

I always just apply a little powder to my t zone to keep any shine at bay and my everyday staple for this is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. On days when I'm looking a little pale then I will dust a little bronzer all over but I don't use bronzer everyday. I do however always wear a blush and I am currently loving MAC Sunbasque.

When it comes to concealer I just tend to apply a little under my eyes and that's about it, for my under eye area I like to use the Maybelline Eye Eraser as I think it is the quickest one to blend and gives the best finish. I always like to keep an eye shadow palette in my makeup bag so I can switch the looks up every day and I am currently really enjoying using the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, I have owned this palette now for a good couple of years and still haven't hit pan on any of the shades! Or if I haven't got time to be blending eye shadows then I just apply a quick swipe of the L'Oreal Smokissime Super Liner in Brown Smoke and blend out quickly with my finger and just add lashings of brown mascara for a nice daytime smokey eye.

To finish off I always have to wear a lipstick and this Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick is perfect for everyday use, I have it in shade Rose which is a lovely muted pinky rose and because of the formula it isn't drying at all on the lips. 

So that's my everyday makeup routine, do you have set products that you use everyday?

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Rimmel foundation, it sounds so nice!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, great for when skin needs a little pick me up xx

      Delete
  2. The Ud Naked Palette is always a good idea. I use my Mac Melba blush all the time!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Melba blush, such a lovely peachy shade xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They're great for those days when you need a little extra help xx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous post Amanda, as usual! Lovely makeup look created with lovely products! I love the look of the MAC Blush, gorgeous!

    Jasmine | http://jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this selection of makeup, includes some of my faves! I've been searching for a new primer recently so I'm definitely going to check this out x

    taraclare.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete