26/07/2015

#30 Sunday Sounds - Summer Bronzers

Bronzers are one of my favourite products throughout summer, I love adding a little warmth and glow to my skin giving the illusion that I've just been away for 2 weeks in the Caribbean...I can dream. So I wanted to bring you my top favourite bronzers for achieving the sun kissed bronzed goddess look that we all know and love. 

First up is the Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick Compact. This is pretty much a cult classic between us beauty lovers so I'd be pretty shocked if you've never heard or seen of this one before. It's made up of 5 different shades all of which are super duper pigmented and work beautifully together to give a real shimmery bronzed finish. I tend to turn to this bronzer more in the evenings when I'm going out as it's a bit too full on for me in the day time purely because of the shimmer that it gives. Don't get me wrong there's no glitter in this product so you don't exactly look like a glitter ball when applied, it just has a serious amount of pigmentation and glow, which I don't necessarily like for daytime. 

Next is the Clarins Summer Bronzing Compact. This years Clarins Aquatic Treasures collection contains a very similar bronzer to this one. It has three different shades within the bronzer, a matte deeper shade, a lighter shade and then a golden highlighting shade. When swirled all together it gives the perfect amount of matte and the perfect amount of shimmer for summery occasions such as a BBQ etc when you want something still quite natural as it's quite a casual affair but still something with a little shimmer to add an extra something to the look taking from daytime and natural to evening. 

Then we have the Body Shop Honey Bronze, can you tell this is my most favourite of the lot. Yep I've hit pan, but don't panic, I always carry a back up. This is a matte finish bronzer, I use this pretty much every day for daytime wear. I find it perfect for a natural contour and for adding just that little warmth to the skin, it's really lightweight on the skin and blends in really well so doesn't sit on top of the skin or look cakey. 

Lastly, it's the Topshop Illuminating Bronzer in shade Reflect. This bronzer is made up of three different shades, a light highlighting shade, a pinky tone shade for adding warmth to the skin and then a warm toned bronze shade. As a rule of thumb I'm not a massive fan of pinky/red toned base products as I'm more yellow toned in my skin but there's something about this bronzer that's just so pretty. It doesn't particularly give a pink tone to the skin, it just helps to give a real Mediterranean escque glow. The product picks up really well and applies to the skin really evenly, I tend to use this more in the evenings purely because of the deeper colour that it gives. 

What bronzers do you use for the summer months?

10 comments:

  1. i'm currently using the Chanel Healthy Glow powder in Marinière no.02 and the Hourglass Radiant Lighting bronzer. But I really like the Honey Bronzer as well!

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the Hourglass bronzer xx

      Delete
  2. I'd love to get my hands on one of the Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks, so many people swear by them :) I really only use bronzers to contour with so prefer matte formulas, but maybe I need to start branching out?

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good shimmer bronzer for evenings xx

      Delete
  3. I have had my eye on the clarins bronzed for awhile now. Looks so lovely!

    Jacynta xx
    www.jacyntawalsh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the clarins one looks like something I need to invest in x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been so eager to try the clarins bronzer its looks so pretty :)

    xolucy.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete