28/07/2015

Fuss Free Makeup

So you know those days, when you just need to apply your makeup as fast and as fuss free as possible. On these days I always head for the products that I can just wack on my face with my fingers and be pretty slap dash about it with the knowledge and trust in the products that they will still give a natural and glowy finish, just what I want.

So firstly, the base. It was always going to be a BB cream and this Revlon version is just dreamy. It's really creamy but also lightweight and is also really well pigmented so gives great coverage. I always much prefer to apply BB creams with my fingers as I feel it gives a much more natural finish and you can literally apply and blend within minutes. 

Then we've got the Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream in shade Petunia, and breathe. As the name would suggest this is a cream based blush that is just super pretty, it's a coral pink shade and gives just enough colour when applied to the apples of the cheeks. This is so easy to use, just dab onto the cheeks with your ring finger and dab in to blend. I also use the Bourjois Aqua Blush in shade Inge-Nude. This is a relatively new release from Bourjois and I absolutely love it. It's a gel fluid that has a refreshing effect on the skin and gives a natural radiance and light finish to the skin. This shade in particular has got me hooked and I think I may well pick up every other shade in the collection. I just apply to the back of my hand and then use my ring finger to dab onto my cheeks. 

To highlight, I use the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter. This comes in stick form so is seriously easy to apply. You literally just sweep straight from the tube onto your cheek bones and high points of the face to give a really natural and subtle glow to the skin. The product itself is really creamy so I just swipe straight from the bottle and then blend out the edges with my fingers. 

To add a little bronze/warmth to the skin, I use the Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator. This is a liquid bronzing highlighter, it has very slight specks of shimmer in it which just catch the light beautifully. I apply this to similar points on my face as my highlighter to just add a bit more definition and warmth to the skin. 

For the eyes, I have been loving the following combination. I use the Topshop Cream Shadow in shade Stripped, which is a nudey pink shade and I apply this all over the lids with my fingers and then use the Maybelline Color Tattoo in shade On and On Bronze to give a subtle smokey effect on the outer corners of the eyes and also just on the lower lash line. I have always been a massive fan of cream based eye shadows, they last longer than powder and give much better colour payoff and plus they're just so easy to apply. 

Lastly, of course we need a lippie. I'm really loving lip crayons at the moment, they're really easy to apply and this Bourjois Color Boost Lipstick in shade 07 Proudly Naked is no exception. When I'm looking to achieve the no effort makeup look and haven't got the time to be neat I always turn to a natural lip crayon, this particular shade gives that 'my lips but better' effect and because it's a neutral shade there's no need for mirrors or staying within the lines. 

What products do you use when you're looking to achieve that fuss free face?

6 comments:

  1. The No.7 highlighter looks gorgeous! I've been after one in a stick formulation so will have to pick it up :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. On and On Bronze is one of my all time favourite products. I love how you can quickly and easily create a gorgeous look with it. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just picked up one of the Bourjois blushes, I think it's the coral one. I'm so excited to try it out, I'm definitely trying to use more cream products rather than powder, it looks so much fresher :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps with the whole dewy fresh faced look xx

      Delete