03/07/2015

My Beauty Wish List



So I have been trying to not spend much money on makeup and skincare recently as I just have far too much stuff and I will possibly be moving house soon so I'm trying to use up loads of products so I don't have to pack as much stuff up. Also my mentality towards beauty has changed slightly over the past 12 months, I would now rather spend more money on a product if it is really good quality and just have that one product rather than spending less money but having a number of the same items that aren't as good a quality. So after using up quite a bit of my beauty stash I have put together a beauty wish list of items that I have been lusting after for absolutely ages!

So firstly lets talk skincare. I rely extremely heavy on oils and serums to give my skin the hydration kick that it needs and recently I have used up loads of my oils and serums so I feel it is now time to invest and I have had my eye on the Clinique Turnaround Range for quite some time. The items I am most interested in are the Revitalizing Treatment Oil and the Revitalizing Serum. The range looks to retexturise the skin, restore luminosity and give a smoother surface. The oil is meant to be really lightweight, almost like water, so I am looking forward to using this in the morning. For the evenings I like something a little heavier that I know will last all night and really sink into my skin and for this I really want the Sunday Riley Luna Facial Oil. The blogosphere is pretty much smitten with this product at the moment and I am no exception, yes the price tag is pretty hefty but I am a big believer in investing in my skincare and like I said I would rather have one product that will last and do a good job that yes may cost around £60.00 but I could go out and buy two evening oil products for £30.00 each and neither of them do as good a job as the single product.

I have also had my eye on the Liz Earle Eye Bright for absolutely ages now. I suffer with hayfever throughout the summer months and it mainly affects my eyes making them really puffy and dry. I have seen loads of reviews of this product and one the things that majority of people say is that it is really soothing and helps to de puff eyes which is exactly what I need so this is pretty high on the wish list.

Then for makeup, one of my absolute favourite makeup products of all time is my Chanel Les Beiges. I absolutely love it, I have a couple of shades in it so I can use as a powder to set my makeup and also use a darker shade to bronze and contour so when I saw the Chanel Les Beiges All In One Healthy Glow Fluid whilst roaming around Selfridges I knew I had to have it. So I came home and had a good ole research and yep my suspicion was right, I know I need it. It is meant to give a lovely healthy glow to the skin so can be used as a primer before foundation or just on it's own for no makeup days.

I am really getting into my powders at the moment and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders are just the creme de le creme of face powders, I have never tried anything from this brand before but I have been lusting over the ambient lighting powders for what seems like forever. I already have my favourites of powder to set my makeup so now I'm looking for powders that offer more than just this and give a slight highlighting effect, enter the Ambient Lighting Palette. I just feel the palette is better value for money compared the individual powders and quite frankly it's just too pretty to resist.

So if you keep up to date with Dreaming Pretty or follow me on Instagram then you will see and understand my obsession for cream eye shadows, I have a serious problem. I own a copious amount of cream eye shadows but there's always room in my heart for more and I have had my eye on the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Shadows for a couple of weeks. The shades are just so beautiful and who can resist Charlotte Tilbury.

Lastly, I am pretty desperate for a new blush brush as my current one is just really old now and I have seen so many people raving about the Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush. Yes the name gives the impression that it should probably be used for powder but from all the reviews I have read it is also great for blusher. I own a couple of Bobbi brushes and absolutely love them, they wash really well and always give a flawless finish so this will be a very welcome addition to my collection.

So that's my beauty wish list, have you tried any of these products? Are any of these on your wish list?

2 comments:

  1. I have a serious obsession for eyeshadow sticks at the moment. I have one of the Ambient Lighting Powders in Diffused Light and I actually don’t use it all that much - how awful is that?!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, is that because you just forget about it or that it's not that great? Xx

      Delete