20/08/2015

Recent Empties

So it's time for another empties post. Considering I haven't done one of these for a while you would think I would have a lot more empties, but for the past month or so I have been flitting between a lot of products so haven't really been using anything up. But there are a few bits and bobs so I wanted to share them with you lovely lot.

I am pretty smitten at the moment with the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce range. I have tried many a volumising shampoo and conditioner in my time but I always used to find they would leave my hair feeling really stripped and dry and yet, yes they would give good volume, my hir never felt in very good condition after using them. I pretty much expected the same thing with this duo but wrong was I. I have been using these every time I have been washing my hair and it has been noticeably thicker and more voluminous but still with a lovely glossy shine and soft/healthy to touch. The only niggle I have with these two products is the packaging, it is really difficult to dispense the product. You have to squueze really hard and then loads ends up shooting but all in all I absolutely love these two and have already re purchased them both.

I have really been enjoying using these Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Facial Pads, these facial pads are so easy to use and give great results. I have used these in the past but pretty much forgot about them and stopped using them, not sure why, but I recently rediscovered them in my beauty cabinet and thought I would give them another go. I'm so glad I did. I have had no where near as many blemishes whilst using these and my skin is noticeably smooth and supple to touch. I've already re purchased these as I couldn't be without a backup.

The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment Mousse is great to inject some volume into the hair. I apply this after my shampoo and leave for a couple of minutes before rinsing out. It gives great volume to the hair for the day ahead. The only thing that absolutely infuriates me about this product is that once you have pressed the nozzle to release the product the product does not stop. I do get it, I know majority of mousse type products do still let a little product out after you have stopped pumping but this is just ridiculous which meant I used this product up a lot quicker than I would have done without the wasted product. I really liked this product but until Aussie sort the packaging out I won't be re purchasing.

The Garnier Oil Infused Moisturising Lotion is one of my faves. It contains 4 oils, argan, macademia, almond and rose so as you can imagine feels amazing on the skin. It's super hydrating and moisturising and absorbs really quickly. I really love this lotion and have re purchased it already.

I've lost count of how many times I have re purchased this MaxFactor Facefinity Primer. This is an absolute cult product for me. It is literally like velcro for your skin and keeps your makeup put all day. If on a day I don't use this primer my makeup starts to look a bit tired and starts to go patchy at the end of the day whereas on days that I do use this my makeup stays put all day and looks just as good at 6pm in the evening as it did at 7am in the morning when first applied.

And lastly is the MAC Studio Fix Foundation, I used to absolutely swear by this foundation but recently I'm not sure what it is but my skin has just not been reacting well to it. It has started looking really cakey, whether that's because I've been wearing a lot more lighter foundations recently so I'm more used to the finish of those or MAC have possibly changed the formula. Whatever it is, I have used up the bottle so it can go towards a new lippie but I won't be re purchasing it.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them?

8 comments:

  1. I've been using the Clarins Brightening Toner as an exfoliator recently and I love it, but I need a more travel-friendly alternative, so the Nip + Fab pads sound ideal. I'll have to try the Garnier body moisturiser, too!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garnier moisturiser is just lovely! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce range!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not thought about looking to Maxfactor for a primer. I'll have to take a look at this one! It's a shame that Studio Fix doesn't work so well for you anymore. I still have mine but I find it quite thick so I prefer using it in the winter!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love it which makes me think they may have changed the formula xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't yet tried anything from the Charles Worthington range but it sounds great, I'm up for trying anything that'll give my hair more volume and life!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete