20/10/2015

Autumnal Scents

When it comes to perfume in Autumn I like something a little more musky and deeper but still with a good freshness to them to match the crisp Autumn air and these are the three perfumes that I haven't been able to stop using this month.

Chloe is one of those scents that whenever someone wafts past me wearing it I know instantly what it is. It's my everyday go to as I find it so fresh with roses and peony, my favourite kind of duo. Everytime I wear this someone always asks me what I'm wearing, it's so pretty and feminine and perfect for this time of year when you want something fresh and crisp for the daytime. It always reminds me of fresh bedding when I wear this fragrance, that just laundered type scent.

Giorgio Armani Si is probably one of the more unusal perfumes in my collection. It's a reasonably strong perfume that lingers all day long which is something I always expect from my perfumes, especially the expensive ones. It has citrussy top notes that give that fresh feeling and scent at first, it also contains Rose de Mai, giving it a lovely floral heart note and then for the base notes it is really woody along with Amber. Now I definitely am not the best at describing perfumes, but I would describe it as a lovely feminine fragrance. It has all the elements I love for perfumes, fresh and crisp with those long lasting deeper muskier notes that hang around all day on your clothes. I find it perfect for this time of year whilst I'm wrapped up in my scarf and want something to give me that warm and cosy but fresh feeling.

Marc Jacobs Daisy is just one of those easy to wear scents. I know I can spritz it on and it will last all day long. It's a lovely fresh floral and fruity fragrance with vanillary and woody base notes. I use this in the day if I'm off out for a nice dog walk or doing the food shopping or meeting up for coffee etc as it gives that lovely fresh Autumnal scent without the heaviness that other perfumes give.

So they're my favourite scents for this time of year, what are yours?

8 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Chloe appear everywhere and it sounds like a gorgeous scent, I think it's time I gave it a go!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wearing ChloƩ nearly everyday lately, it's so nice! Si is another great one, I need to pick up another bottle!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of these perfumes! They're such gorgeous scents!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete