31/12/2015

My NYE Makeup Look


How is it New Years Eve already? It was only Christmas a couple of days ago. I don't about you lot but I have never been a massive fan of going out on New Years Eve, there's always some drunken people fighting, you can never find a place to sit in all the bars and everywhere seems to double their prices for one night of the year. Ridiculous. But this year I'm off out for tea and a couple of quiet drinks with my best friend, her family and Nick, my boyfriend so I'm really looking forward to it. Nothing mad just some really good company so I wanted to bring you what I will wearing tonight on my face.

You guys know I love my primers and of course for New Year I am pulling out the big guns. Dior Glow Maximiser. This stuff packs a serious punch when it comes to highlighting, you only need the tiniest amount to give your skin that lit from within look. You can also use this product over makeup as a highlighter for the cheek bones, brow bone and down the bridge of your nose so it gives plenty of options. My signature makeup look is always dewy skin and this primer always helps me to achieve this. For my base, I'll be using my beloved Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation. This foundation gives a super dewy finish with a light to medium coverage, honestly I love this stuff. It's perfect for a night out as it feels really light on the skin and packs a super dewy punch so looks really fresh and glowy on the skin. It looks so natural on the skin and is really breathable so doesn't feel cakey or heavy at all on the skin. It blends in seamlessly and actually works into the skin rather than just sitting on top like some foundations do making it perfect for holidays. To set my base I'll use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in shade Dim Light. I picked up a little mini of the Ambient Lighting Powder in New York as I've never tried it before and they're pretty pricey so I thought I'll get a mini first to try and then I can still a full size at Space NK if I like it. Who was I kidding. I absolutely love it.

Then to contour I will use the Body Shop Honey Bronze Powder, I have this in a shade darker than my usual skin tone and it's matte, which makes it perfect for contouring. Then to highlight of course it's the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector, this is the highlighter of all highlighters. The pigmentation of this is just beyond impressive, you literally need the tiniest amount and it gives the most beautiful glow to the skin. I am completely smitten with this. To add a little warmth to my cheeks I'll be using the Make Up For Ever Pro Bronze Fusion in shade 20m, this bronzer is super finely milled so sweeps onto the skin just beautifully and gives the perfect bronzed/warmth finish to the skin.

For my eyes I have the L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eye Shadow in shade Nude 204 which I will apply all over my lid. This is the perfect shimmery gold for me. It's really subtle but gives the prettiest finish, the shadow itself is really creamy and buttery and blends just beautifully. To go alongside this I have my current custom MAC Eyeshadow Quad. The shades from top left to bottom right are: Wood Winked, Era, Honey Lust and Mythology. I use Era in the crease/socket line, Wood Winked along the bottom lash line and in the outer corners and Honey Lust in the inner corners. To give good length and volume to my lashes I will use the Clinique High Impact Mascara which I got free with a magazine and I completely love it. I haven't been able to stop using it and will definitely buy the full size version once this mini has ran out.

To lastly to finish the look off I have my new and very loved Tom Ford Lip Color in shade 22 Forbidden Pink. This is just the most beautiful bright but yet warm toned pink lipstick I own, it lasts for ages and just looks so blummin pretty. Plus, who wouldn't want to pull a Tom Ford lippie out of their handbag in the ladies!

So that's it, my New Years Eve makeup look. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. The Tom Fors lipstick is just gorgeous, it almost looks too pretty to use!

    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loving this pics, Amanda. How amazing is Champagne Pop? I got it from Sephora when it was released and go ham with it lol. Great picks, I bet you look gorgeous.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Champagne Pop is so perfect for a night out :) love the look of your Tom Ford lipstick too xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete